26 April 2015

Taking Up the $2 Challenge Once More!

Last May I decided to join in the Live Below the Line campaign to raise awareness about extreme poverty and I have decided to once again join in the challenge this year! If you haven't heard of this before it is where thousands of Australians eat on $2 a day, the equivalent of the extreme poverty line, for 5 days to better understand extreme poverty while also making a difference. 
The initial reason behind participating last year was that I saw a few close friends get involved and I thought to try it out myself. I have always loved giving my time to others and this was definitely a great way to do it, I thought!
During the week, however, I learnt beyond that. I realised how much of an impact a campaign like this can make and how important organisations like Oaktree are for the communities living in extreme poverty. I have been very lucky to be born into a family that could afford to send me to a school and attain an education. I can truly say that I would not be where I am today without it. It is very disheartening to think that there are other young people who also have so much potential yet do not have the ability to attain that knowledge and experience. This is why I am participating this May and hope to make an even bigger impact for those who need us!
I hope you will support me in the journey!

Vee



No comments:

Post a Comment